Friday, November 16, 2007

The Shack


I just finished reading a novel called The Shack by William P. Young, and I would like to offer up my recommendation for this book. It is a well crafted story that touches on how we view God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and forgiveness. It will challenge you and yet also comfort you. I cried a number of times while reading The Shack. If you where at Arch a couple of Sundays ago, you heard me preach on the idea that's it not about the reasons why things happen, but it's about the God behind those reasons. That is what this novel is about, and for me it was neat to start reading it after I had preached that message. So, I recommend giving it a try. On the website, www.theshackbook.com, you can read the first chapter for free (also read the forward). You can't beat that.

No comments: