Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Restless leg syndrome

So I'm sure you have seen the commercials for the medication for RLS (restless leg syndrome). First I want to say that if you have RLS I am not making fun of your condition, however, I will be making fun of the side effects of the medication they want you to take for your condition. More specifically I will be making fun of the side effect that "may increase your urge to gamble" if you take RLS medication. The urge to gamble?? Seriously, you no longer have problems with your legs keeping you up at night, but now you can't go to bed because you're hooked on on-line texas hold em' poker.

"I no longer have problems with RLS, but my family now lives in a cardboard box." ( that would be said by an actor with a Gomer Pyle type voice)

That just seems like a very interesting side effect is all.

1 comment:

mojofan said...

We don't have cable or anything here so I haven't seen this commercial but I really want to get it now just to see this.

I really enjoy all of the commercials that are promoting a new medicine because it fixes whatever problem you have but you gain like 5 more problems. Example--you have high blood pressure and you take this new and wonderful medication to help with your high blood pressure but there are side effects like dizziness, vomiting, ulcers, blurred vizion, headaches... I think I would just rather have high blood pressure.