Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Afraid of the dark

I'm afraid of the dark. There it is, I admit it. I am 32 years old, and there are times when I am extremely afraid of the dark. Why, I don't really know. I just know that since I was a kid, I have been afraid at nights and in dark places. I do okay most nights, but if Shawna is ever out of town, then forget about it. I usually don't sleep much those nights.

So this fear of the dark got me thinking. It got me thinking about a couple of things really. First, it made me think about how dark sin is, which makes sense. If God is light, then sin would have to be void of light, and I've really began to see that in my life lately. I've started to "feel" just how dark sin can be in my life, but what I've also noticed, is my lack of fear for the darkness of sin. I mean I despise sin in my life, but I don't seam to fear its darkness like I fear the darkness at night time. This concerns me. If the darkness of night can bring about such panic inside me, than why doesn't the darkeness that comes from disobeying my Creator do the same. God is not asking me to be weighed down and left feeling unforgiven by my sin that He has already forgiven, but I do wish that something inside of me would fear the darkness of sin as much as I fear the dark.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

II Timothy 1:7 Go.