Friday, December 14, 2007

Book review


I just finished the book, So You Don't Want To Go To Church Anymore by Jake Colsen (which is a pseudonym for the combined work of Wayne Jacobsen and Dave Coleman). Overall I liked this book, which was basically about questioning how we do church. It is a work of fiction centered around a one time church staff member named Jake and his journey in trying to figure out if our Sunday morning meetings are really what church is supposed to be. I didn't necessarily agree with everything in the book, but it did make me think and that's really what I want a book to do.

So, if you are wondering what church really should be about or even if you have just hoped that it could be more than just Sunday mornings, I would recommend giving this book a chance. It may or may not be a life changing read, but hopefully it will make you think.

www.jakecolsen.com


(How come I feel like I was just on Reading Rainbow, and now LaVar Burton is about to wrap-up the show?)

No comments: