Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I'm thinking about a job

I'm thinking about getting another job. Now before you jump up and down and start screaming with delight, I'll still be pastor at Arch. (sorry to disappoint) But seriously, I'm considering looking for a part-time job that would allow me to get out in the "world" and be involved with people. Maybe 2-3 days a week, with no nights or weekends. I don't want to substitute teach, because basically your time is spent playing babysitter/cop for the day and that's not quite what I'm looking for. However, we are in Portales so jobs like I'm thinking of are hard to come by. I just want something that doesn't require to much brain power, but would allow me to work with customers and be around new people.

God has called us to be out among people, and for me this seems like a great way to do just that. So, if you know of any possibilities, please let me know. Also, if you have any ideas on how our church can be doing more ministry outside of our building, than I would love to hear them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.