Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What would you do?

What would you do if you could do anything? Is there something you have always dreamed about doing? A job, a trip, etc. Why aren't you doing it? There are a lot of things I would like to do, but for me I think it just comes down to being a pessimist and lazy. Basically, my pessimism is a good cover for being lazy. It's easy for me to look at things and say it can't happen, than for me to actually try. I've always wanted write a book. (no surprise, doesn't every pastor want to write a book) I actually think I have a good idea for a novel, but if you've read any of my blog you know I'm not the greatest writer. So, I use that as an excuse, and I don't try. I have half a chapter written, but that's it.

I also want to be a good cook, go on more mission trips, and speak around the country, but sadly another day goes by and I just do the bare minimum to get by in life. The thing is, days are going by a lot faster for me now than ever, and if I don't start doing something soon, there will be no more days.

So I'm going to do something different today. I'm going to get working on that book idea. I don't care if I get it published, but I need to write it. It's my first step, and I need to take it. What about you? What would you do if you could do anything, and why aren't you doing it? What's the worst that could happen? You fail. So what, do it anyways.

I would love to hear your comments about the things you want to do.

3 comments:

mojofan said...

I want to be a photographer. Not neccassarily have a shop and get paid to take pictures, but I want to take a class and learn about photography. I think it would be awesome to know how to develop your own film and learn how to take really great pictures.

I have a nice camera that takes excellent pictures, which would be step one in this process, but I haven't taken the time to look up the class and see when it is offered. I always use the excuse "I'm to busy." But it just boils down to being lazy and not taking the time to do something I would really like to do.

Unknown said...

I want to build furniture, i have the designs, and the know how but I let my health get in the way. i would always just rather stay on the couch and be lazy..

Cody Brown said...

I wanted to see how the pursuit of photography or furniture building is going. (Janet, I know you have been sick, so you are excused. I hope you are feeling better.)

I've actually done some writing on my book. I've developed some characters, a basic outline, and I've written a few pages that aren't half bad. I'm trying to make myself write something every weekday, and take the weekends off.