Sunday, July 1, 2007

Good Sunday

We had half of our congregation out of town this morning, but church was still a good place to be. All of our music people were gone, but we still had great worship. I'm so glad God doesn't require 100 people before He will show up, but He promises to show when two or more are gathered in His name. He was present this morning in our service, and that's what made it great.

For those of you who missed, we finished up on last weeks sermon on denying ourselves, and began to look at what it means when Jesus says, "Follow me." When Jesus calls us to follow Him, He is saying a couple of things. One is that we can do what He did. He loved, He touched lives, He made disciples, He glorified God, and countless other things, and He says we can also do those things. When He says "Follow me", He is saying that He has faith in us. God doesn't have to use us, but He does. That to me, is very uplifting. When Jesus says "Follow me", He is speaking greatness into us.

I will probably review a little next Sunday to catch up those who missed this morning. I want to use this idea that Jesus is calling us to do what He did, to launch us into the next few weeks, or maybe even months, of studying exactly what Jesus did. I think it's time to get reacquainted with our Savior.

No comments: