Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Psalm

In keeping with the Psalm theme from Sunday mornings in April, I thought I would share with you a psalm I wrote as a junior in high school. circa 1992 (this will also appear in the newsletter)


I love You Lord.
I know I don't always show it.
I may never show it.
I know I hurt You when I have impure thoughts.
I know I hurt You when I talk back to my parents.
I don't want to hurt You Lord, but I always manage too.

You always give me another chance, but each time I usually end up asking for another.
I'm tired of that.
I want to use the chance as if it is my last.
I know I may stumble, but failure is half of trying.
I know I can depend on You to pick me back up.
But I just haven't been able to put all my trust in You.

I say I want You to have my life, but for some reason I always seem to take it back thinking I can do better by myself.
I know I can't, but I always try.
Why?
Why can't I let You lead me?
You are the greatest!
But still I insist on doing it myself.

No more.
I want You to have everything.
Each day when I wake, I want to give my life to You.
So You may use me as a witness.
I want to give You my problems, so I won't have to worry anymore.
I want to be so close to You Lord that I can feel Your breath on my face as You whisper Your will for me into my ear.

I love You Lord!
My heart is for You!
Not the Christian girl I hope to someday meet.
Not basketball.
And especially not Satan!
I want to protect it, because it is Yours.
My life is the most I can give You, but it will still never repay what You have given me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that I really enjoyed it....