Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I would love to have a motorcycle

It's been a long time since I've ridden a motorcycle and even longer since I've owned one. The last one I had was a 1987 Honda Interceptor 750. It was a great bike, but when Abby showed up it somehow became a nonessential. Things like baby formula, diapers, groceries, etc became the essentials, and things like motorcycles where the first to go.

I love to ride because it makes you forget about everything else. When you are on 2-wheels going down the road, there are not a lot of things that I'm thinking about other than if that car a mile down the road is going to pull out in front of me or not. And that's nice. It's nice not to think about life, and I miss that. As a pastor most of my day is spent chewing on life's questions, whether preparing a sermon, counseling a church member, or sharing Jesus with someone, my mind is always turning. I guess that's also why I like t.v. so much. I like watching t.v. and just going brain dead for an hour at a time.

I would love to have another bike, but I guess it continues to be a nonessential in our house. However, if you've got one out back that you want to get rid of...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, yes, motorcyles are fun... until you have to manuever the Arch highway, get hit with random rocks by trucks (battle scars), and hit a bird! (true story)... but i do agree, it's fun just to get out and ride and not do anything else or have to think too much... like the page, first time to check it out... i'l try to do so more often! have a good one!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you can remember how much fun a motorcycle is..it's a vaque memory for me and the vaqueness of the the memory is in direct correlation to # of children with which i have been blessed. The excitment of kids is similar and sometimes as life threateing (lol). I wish all who wish for a motorcycle could have one ... for a while

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.